Thank you so much to the lovely Shalunya over at Shalunya and Boyet who nominated me for the Liebster award. Go check out her blog. The Liebster award is an award for new bloggers or bloggers with few followers. It helps readers discover new blogs and helps bloggers find new readers.
The things I need to do are as follows:
– Answer the 11 questions set for me.
– Tag 11 new bloggers (with under 200 followers)
– Write a new set of 11 questions for those people.
– Contact them to let them know.
1. How many lipsticks do you own?
I’m quite shocked to find out that I own 20 possibly more lipsticks. I think I have a lipstick addiction.
2. If money were no object, what 3 beauty items would you purchase?
A high end foundation, a high end concealer and maybe a Dior lipstick
3. What drugstore product doesn’t get enough love, attention and respect from the beauty community?
Maybelline colorsensational lipsticks. My favourite colour is #175 Pink Punch. I love it and it has really good staying power of 4-5 hours even after eating. I also love their vivid range with Hot plum being my favourite in that range.
4. If you could start a beauty trend, what would it be?
Oh god I have no idea. I’m not very good with trends. I never seem to follow them. Maybe a trend that meant there was no trend.
5. You can only purchase from one skincare line for life, which one would it be?
I’ve always been a clean & clear girl. Its always worked for me and my skin.
6. Why did you begin beauty blogging?
I love all things beauty am obsessed with make-up and spend way too much of my money on it. I wanted somewhere to talk about it with other people who love it as much as I do. The reason for Chronic Cosmetics was also because as a chronic illness sufferer there are different things I need to look at when buying make-up even down to something as simple as whether I can open the packaging. I thought it might help others with the same problem to have review featuring the issues us chronic illness warriors face.
7. You’re backpacking and can only carry three beauty products, which 3 would you carry?
Mascara, eyeliner and a bright lipstick. I was torn between mascara and foundation but I’ve been blessed with pretty good skin I just look like a zombie or dead a lot of the time due to lack of sleep but if I was back packing I might get a bit of colour.
8. What is your favorite type (review, favorites, tutorials, etc) of blog post to write? Why?
Reviews because I get to share my thoughts on products and rave about my favourites and maybe help others decide whether a certain product might work for them.
9. Which beauty trend or technique works really well for you? Which one doesn’t?
A bright lip works well for me and its my go to look when I’m feeling a bit rubbish. I haven’t been that adventurous with make-up but I suck at doing a smokey eye and just look like I’ve been punched in the face which I am gutted about as it’s my favourite look on other people.
10. You can only blog about one brand; which brand would it be?
Oh god this is tough. I’m torn between Maybelline, Rimmel and Max Factor as I have a lot of both of their products. I love Maybelline’s lipsticks, mascaras and eyeliner but I love Rimmels foundation and powder and I love Max factor but I tend to get the cheaper alternatives but their foundation is my favourite. I think I’m going to have to go for Maybelline as I own a lot of their products.
11. Why is beauty important to you?
On days when I’m feeling really ill and am in a lot of pain I can make myself feel a little bit better by putting on a some mascara and a bright lip colour. I’ve been know to walk around the flat in my pyjamas or sweat pants with red lipstick on just because I feel a bit better in myself. I also spent my whole childhood being told I look ill or like death because of my big bags and lack of sleep. Make up makes me look healthier and therefore feel a bit healthier.
I also don’t have many hobbies as I used to be an active child but that’s kind of had to stop now. Beauty is my hobby and this blog is now my main hobby. I love all things beauty and the community is amazing. Make up is fun and creative and you can indulge in it whenever you want,
Okay so here are the awesome blogging beauties I am tagging
And here are my questions.
1. If you could only wear 2 beauty products what would they be?
2. What is you’re favourite beauty product of all time?
3. If you could only wear one brand of beauty products which one would you choose?
4. What is the best beauty tip you have ever had?
5. What is your favourite colour to wear on your nails?
6. What is your least favourite product?
7. Who’s make-up do you envy?
8. Who are your top 3 beauty bloggers?
9. Statement lips or eyes?
10. If you could invent a beauty product what would it be?
11. If money was no object what beauty product would you buy?